Whether you’ve just had a bad haircut or are bored of your current short hair, waiting for your hair to grow naturally can be frustrating. However, there is a cure for that frustration: clip-in hair extensions, what will help you get instant added length and volume.
Among various choices of hair extensions, clip-in hair extensions are one of the most popular due to their unique convenience. However, wearing hair extensions for short hair is not as simple as for medium or long hair, as short hair lacks the length needed to blend perfectly. So if you are confused about clip-in hair extensions for short hair, keep reading to make things clear!
Minimum hair length for short clip in hair extensions
Although clip-in hair extensions can be used on short hair, this doesn’t mean your hair can be as short as you want. As clip-in hair extensions come with pre-attached clips, your hair needs to be at least 3 inches long to ensure the clips can be hidden. Also note that clip-in hair extensions only work well on medium to thick hair. Thin hair lacks the volume needed to conceal the clips effectively and can also be damaged when the clips pull on hair.
What makes people love clip-in hair extensions is that they offer you the freedom to put on and take off whenever you want. They are quick and easy to use, making them the perfect choice for those who are in need of an instant hair transformation without making a permanent change.
How to choose clip-in hair extensions for short hair
Compared to medium or long hair, short hair requires extra attention when you choose clip in extensions if you want to achieve the best-looking results. Check out our top tips here:
- Choose Remy human hair extensions: Hair extensions can be made from synthetic hair, non-Remy, or Remy human hair. You should always opt for Remy human hair extensions as they are of the highest quality. This type of hair is least prone to tangling, shedding, or damage. They will also last longer and can be styled to your preferences.
- Check to see if your extensions are thick enough, or invest in a second set: When looking for clip in hair extensions for short hair to add volume, you should pay attention to the volume of the hair extensions. As short hair needs much coverage, it’s easier to blend if you have more hair extensions. Consider buying two sets of hair extensions of different lengths (for example, 14 inches and 18 inches) so you can create layers of hair later on for a natural-looking result.
- Don’t choose a set of extensions longer than 20 inches: We understand that you are looking to turn your short hair into long, voluminous locks, but going for hair extensions that are longer than 20 inches would be a bad idea. This is because the longer the hair extensions, the harder it is for your short hair to blend with.
- Choose a color that matches yours: When it comes to choosing a hair extension color, pay attention to the ends if you want a color that is close to your natural shade. Otherwise, you can choose a color that compliments your natural hair color for a sun-kissed effect.
How to put in clip in extensions for short hair
Generally speaking, clip-in hair extensions are pretty quick and easy to use, and you can apply them from the comfort of your home without any help. However, applying clip-in hair extensions for short hair can be a little bit tricky for newbies as they may have no idea of how to get a seamless blend. We’ve put together a detailed guide on how to blend clip- in hair extensions well in short hair for you, so don’t hesitate to check it out! Below are the short tips:
- Use a thick set
- Pin the bottom section of your hair away
- Mix and match colors
- Tease the roots for added grip
- Go higher than usual
- Create a super long mega-weft to cover short layers
- Add face-framing pieces in the front
- Style your hair
Clip in hair extensions for short hair before and after
Below are some pictures of before and after using clip in hair extensions for short hair that will give you inspiration for changing your look!
Where can you buy best clip in hair extensions for short hair?
When choosing clip-in hair extensions for short hair, the quality of the hair should be the top priority. Low-quality hair extensions won’t look and feel natural and last long. Macsara – a leading human hair extensions manufacturer in Vietnam with 15 years of experience in the hair industry is proud to offer you the best-quality clip-in hair extensions so you can effortlessly achieve your desired look.
We offer two types of clip-in hair extensions, which are traditional and seamless clip-in hair extensions. They come in different textures, lengths, and colors for you to choose from. They are made from 100% Remy human hair, allowing for soft, smooth, and shiny hair that can last more than 1 year.
Macsara – where you can buy best clip in hair extensions for short hair
Additionally, Macsara offers factory direct prices, making us the best choice for wholesalers and hair salons looking to make substantial profits in the hair industry. Don’t hesitate to contact us now via (+84) 37 9989 559 for more details and the best deals.
We hope our post has provided you with the useful ins and outs of clip-in hair extensions for short hair. Follow us for more tips and tricks on hair, haircare, and hair extensions! Macsara always supports you on your journey of upgrading your look!