One of the most popular questions of all time concerning hair is – “what type of haircut should I get?” Even readers of this article have probably asked this question at least once in their lives or even tried to search for the answer online. Plenty of websites cover this information, but often they do not take everything into account. In this post, MACSARA news will be covering everything you have to know regarding the question “What hairstyle should I get?”
Selecting A Style For Your Face Shape
The most important factor when choosing a hairstyle is your face shape. It is very important to determine what your face shape is. Different hairstyles suit different face shapes better, so make sure you know what your face shape is before you have your haircut.
Go with layers, an asymmetrical cut, or a defined pixie on a woman’s round face
Women with round faces will benefit from long hair with layers or make a bold statement with short hair. Hair past your shoulders or a bob which has rich layers that can add definition to your face.
- In cases you have short hair, try an asymmetrical bob or a defined pixie. Both of these cuts will add angles and shapes to your soft features.
Try blunt bangs or a center part on women’s heart-shaped faces
Heart-shaped faces are wider at the top around the cheekbones and come to a point down toward the chin. Bangs that are cut straight across your forehead work well on heart-shaped faces by framing the wider part of your face.
- If you’re not a fan of bangs but have a heart-shaped face, try a center part to show it off. A side part tends to create an illusion of elongating your face, which is great for round faces but unnecessary for heart-shapes.
- This face shape can wear all most all lengths and types of layers well.
Get lots of layers, waves, or a diamond cut for a woman’s square-shaped face
Women with square-shaped faces have a wider jawline and more angular features than other face shape types. On this face shape, you would rather get softer hairstyles than angular or boxy styles.
- Lots of lengths are great on a square-shaped face, especially if you add layers and/or waves to the ends.
- A diamond cut is longer in the back and shorter up front, and is worn best with wavy hair on square-faces.
- If you wear bangs, go with side-swept ones as opposed to straight-across to keep your style softer.
Wear your sideburns short and style your hair upward for a man’s square face
Men with square faces can add a little length to their faces by wearing an upward style like a pompadour. Another way to add some length is by keeping your sideburns above the ears.
- If you like facial hair, a long beard also works well on a square face.
- If you’d prefer to keep long hair, a bun may also be a good option. This keeps the sides looking short, and the bun can be as high and as long as you would like.
Wear the sides and back short to create chiseled features on a man’s round face
Men with round faces can create the illusion of chiseled features by wearing their hair longer on top and very short, even shaved, on the sides and back. Creating a side part or messy fringes on the longer top section of your hair to make sure your face looks longer.
- A thin, well-groomed beard that goes close to your Adam’s apple looks good on a round face if you like facial hair.
Keep the volume at the top for a men’s and women’s triangular-shaped faces
Men with triangle-shaped faces have narrower temples and cheekbones and wider jawlines. Keeping your hair longer and textured at the top can help your face look more proportioned.
- If your hair has some curl to it, grow it out on top and wear it in a messy pompadour.
- If you like wearing facial hair, a thicker beard or goatee that’s well-groomed can disguise the angles of your jawline.
- Women with triangular faces can wear a layered bob with bangs well. Fringe in the front helps create the illusion of a wider forehead.
Men hairstyles for triangle face shape
Women hairstyles for triangle face shape
Experiment with different styles if your face is oval-shaped
Oval-shaped faces are known for being the most well-proportioned, and can basically rock any style. Browse hair magazines and pictures on the internet to find your favorite style, and take it to your hairdresser at your next cut.
Men hairstyles for oval face
Women hairstyles for oval face
Here you go friends; these are the tips on how to choose the right haircut for you. We hope it is informative, fun to read and it can help you in life. However, remember that not a single haircut will look good on you if you do not like it yourself and do not rock it with confidence. Even when your new hairstyle doesn’t suit much, don’t worry, the hair will always grow back. A haircut doesn’t last for the whole life. If you have any suggestions for picking a new hairstyle, visit our website MACSARA for more ideas. Our thoughtful and well-trained staffs always try our best to please you.