It’s safe to say that hair extensions are literally an investment. They help transform your hairstyle effortlessly but they are not cheap items. Therefore, many people try their best to keep their hair extensions in good condition so they can make the most of their lifespan!
While some types of extensions can be reused quite easily, it takes more time and effort to reuse keratin hair extensions. The hair itself may still look and feel good but the keratin tip can be damaged due to daily wear and tear and thus need to be replaced. So if you are wondering how to re tip keratin hair extensions, we’re here to help with a comprehensive and easy guide!
Check our post on how to remove keratin hair extensions here.
Before you begin the re-tipping process, make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials ready. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fusion tool: This tool is used to heat and melt the keratin bonds.
- Replacement keratin tips: These are the new tips that will be used to re-tip the extensions. You should use high-quality keratin tips for the best results.
- Pliers: Pliers will help you handle the bonds and position them correctly.
- Scissors: You’ll need scissors to trim the tips and the hair extensions.
- Workspace: Set up a clean and organized workspace where you can comfortably work on the extensions.
2. How to Re-Tip Keratin Hair Extensions
Now it’s time to dive right into the process! Carefully follow the steps on how to reuse keratin tip hair extensions below and you’ll be able to give your hair extensions a second life!
2.1. Heat up the fusion tool
Start by heating up your fusion tool according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Different tools have varying temperature settings, so make sure to set it to the appropriate level.
2.2. Remove the previous bond
Once the tool is heated up, carefully pick up the keratin tip strand that you want to re-tip. Use the fusion tool to heat the existing keratin bond on the strand. Apply gentle pressure to melt the previous bond. This will allow you to easily remove the old bond from the hair.
2.3. Trim the end
After removing the previous bond, you’ll notice that the end of the keratin tip strand may be uneven or frayed. Use your scissors to trim the end at the top of the strand. Ensure that it’s flat, even, and smooth. This step is crucial as it creates a good surface for the replacement tip to adhere to.
2.4. Position the replacement tip
Using your pliers, pick up a replacement keratin tip. Place it on top of the keratin tip strand, aligning it flush with the smooth area you created. Position it carefully to ensure a secure and natural-looking attachment.
2.5. Warm the replacement tip
Gently warm the replacement tip using your fusion tool. The goal is to melt just enough of the bond to make it stick to the strand. Avoid overheating the bond, as this can damage the hair and lead to breakage. Be patient and use short bursts of heat until the bond attaches securely.
2.6. Reapply the keratin tip strand
With the replacement tip now attached, the re-tipped keratin tip strand is ready to be applied to your client’s hair. Attach it as you would with a regular keratin tip strand. Ensure that the strand is securely attached to prevent any slippage or damage.
And that’s all about how to reuse keratin tip extensions. You just need to repeat the process for each of the remaining strands.
As reusing keratin hair extensions is much more difficult than reusing other types, we’ve put together some important notes that you should keep in mind for the best results:
- When re-tipping keratin hair extensions, it’s essential to work meticulously and patiently. Rushing through the process can lead to uneven bonds or damage to the hair.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your fusion tool, as different tools may have varying temperature and usage guidelines.
- Be cautious with the amount of heat applied to the bonds. Overheating can weaken the hair and compromise its quality.
- Practice proper safety measures when working with heated tools to avoid burns or accidents.
- If you’re not confident in re-tipping hair extensions yourself, consider seeking assistance from a professional hair extension technician.
As long as your keratin hair extensions are in good condition, re-tipping them is an effective way to make the most of your hair enhancements, helping you save an amount of money. By following the steps outlined on how to re tip keratin hair extensions above and taking your time, you can successfully re-tip your extensions and (help your clients) enjoy long, voluminous locks for the next several months! Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t hesitate to refine your technique as you gain experience.
However, in case you find it hard to do it yourself or are concerned about the risks of failure, you can choose to buy high-quality keratin tip hair extensions from Macsara. We provide keratin tip hair extensions made from 100% Remy human hair for a natural look and feel as long as a long-lasting result. Our keratin tip hair extensions come in various types to suit different needs, including I-tip, V-tip, V-tip 120, U-tip, and flat tip hair extensions. They’re also available in various textures, lengths, and colors to ensure every customer can find a perfect match. Enjoy factory direct prices and lucrative opportunities by contacting us at (+84) 37 9989 559 for more information and the best deals!
Explore more secrets of Keratin Tip Hair: Common Questions About Keratin Tip Hair Extensions