Quick weave and sew in are both stunning methods to transform your look. But which of these installation method suit you? If you are considering quick weave vs sew in, this post is for you since we will clarify the differences between sew in vs quick weave and which one is the best choice for you. Scroll down and find more info below!
What is a quick weave?
A quick weave is a quick and versatile installation method where wefts of hair are glued directly to a protective weave cap. You can create a quick weave at home, but for the best result, it’s better to visit a salon.
Below are the pros and cons of quick weave hair, so you can consider them before making the decision:
Pros of quick weave hair
- Installation time: Quick weaves are called “quick” for a reason. Skilled stylists can complete a quick weave in just a few hours. If you’re looking for an instant transformation, this method is the way to go.
- Styling versatility: Quick weaves come in various styles, textures and lengths. Whether you want to go from short to long, straight to curly, or vice versa, quick weaves offer a wide range of options. This allows you to switch up your look as often as you like.
- Cost-effective: Compared to sew-ins, quick weaves are often more budget-friendly. Since the installation does not take much time and require more special tools like sew-ins, quick weaves often cost less. In general, quick weave hair is an affordable way to achieve a new look without breaking the bank.
Cons of quick weave
- One drawback of quick weaves is their temporary nature. They typically last for a few weeks, depending on how well you care for them. Over time, quick weaves can start to lose their luster and may require redoing. This makes them a more short-term solution compared to sew-ins.
- Potential for damage: Quick weaves use adhesive or glue to secure the extensions to the protective cap. While this allows for fast installation, it can potentially damage your natural hair if not removed correctly. Proper removal is essential to minimize the risk of harm to your hair.
- Hard to reuse the weft hair: Since the installation involves using glue to attach the hair, it will be harder to reuse the hair for the next wear. You may replace the whole bundle if not install and remove the hair properly.
What is a sew in?
A sew in hair is a hair extension installation method that involves sewing wefts of hair extensions onto tightly braided natural hair. Here’s a closer look at the key characteristics of sew-ins:
Pros of sew in hair extensions
- More durable: One of the significant advantages of sew-ins is their durability. When installed and cared for properly, sew-ins can last for several weeks to several months. That’s why sew in extensions are an excellent choice for those seeking a longer-lasting change in their hairstyle.
- Natural look: Sew-ins often provide a more natural look and feel compared to quick weaves. Since the hair is sewn onto the braids close to the scalp, it mimics the way natural hair grows. This results in a seamless blend with your own hair and a more natural look.
- Versatility: Sew in hair comes with a wide range of styling options, including updos, ponytails and various parting choices. The braided foundation provides a stable base for different styles. Therefore, you are free to try different looks.
Cons of sew ins
- Longer installation time: If you consider quick weave vs sew in based on the installation time, the answer is it takes longer to install sew-ins. The process includes braiding your natural hair into a specific pattern and then sewing the wefts of hair extensions onto the braids. Depending on the complexity of the style, sew-ins can take several hours to complete.
- Require more maintenance: Maintaining sew-ins can be more involved than quick weaves. You’ll need to be diligent about caring for your scalp and the hair extensions to ensure they stay in good condition. Regular washing, moisturizing and avoiding excessive tension on the braids are essential to keep your sew-in looking its best.
- Sew-ins can be more expensive than quick weaves due to the longer installation time and increased durability. However, the investment may be worthwhile if you’re seeking a more long-term hairstyle change.
Quick weave vs sew in – What are the differences?
So now that we’ve got an overall look at sew in and quick weave, let’s summarize their main differences:
Sew in vs quick weave – Which one should you choose?
The choice between a quick weave and a sew-in ultimately depends on your individual preferences, needs and lifestyle. Here are some factors to consider when determining which method is the better choice for you:
- Time of installation and convenience: If you need a rapid transformation or prefer the convenience of frequently changing your look, a quick weave may be the better choice.
- Longevity and natural look: If you are looking for a natural look and are willing to invest more time and money for a longer-lasting change, a sew-in is a better option.
- Budget matters: It’s important to consider your budget when choosing between the two options. Quick weaves are generally more affordable, so they are a practical choice for those with a tight budget.
- Hair health: If you’re concerned about the risk of hair damage, sew-in extensions are the better choice since the installation requires no glue or adhesive. With proper installation and removal, the extensions won’t cause damage to your natural hair.
- How long you want to keep the hair: Consider how long you want to maintain your new hairstyle. If you seek a temporary change, a quick weave is perfect. For a longer-lasting transformation, a sew-in is more suitable.
So now that you’ve got a full understanding of quick weave vs sew in, you can make the best choice for your look. But whether it’s sew in or quick weave, starting with good quality human hair extensions can secure the most natural look. Make sure to purchase hair extensions from reputable hair extensions suppliers like Macsarahair to get the best products and services. Visit macsara.vn for premium human hair weft extensions for sew in and quick weave or WhatsApp us at +84379989559 for instant support.
Hope that this post is helpful to you, and don’t forget to follow Macsarahair’s blog for more tips and info!