Are you ready to bid farewell to your tape-in hair extensions? Maybe you’re looking to change your hairstyle or give your natural locks a break. Whatever the reason, we’ve got you covered with this friendly, step-by-step guide on how to safely and effortlessly remove tape in hair extensions. So, let’s start!
Why is it important to remove tape in hair extensions on time?
Before we get to know how to remove tape in hair extensions, it’s better to understand why you might want to remove your tape-in hair extensions in the first place. Here are some common reasons:
- It’s time to change your style: You’re itching for a new look, a different hair color, or a shorter haircut and those tape-ins are no longer fitting the bill.
- Maintenance fatigue: Tape-in hair extensions require regular upkeep, including repositioning as your natural hair grows. So, if you’re looking for a low-maintenance hair routine, removal might be the best option.
- Your hair health matters: Giving your natural hair and scalp a break from hair extensions can help maintain its health and vitality. It’s like a mini spa day for your locks!
Can we remove tape in hair extensions at home?
Although the best way to remove tape in hair extensions is to seek professional assistance from a licensed salon professional, you can totally remove your tape-ins at home. The process is not as hard as you may think. You can do it in the comfort of your own home and if done properly, the removal is damage-free. Yet, there might still be risks if this is your first time removing tape-ins. So, make sure to follow closely our guides on how to remove tape in hair extensions at home in the next part.
How to remove tape in hair extensions yourself?
Before you start, make sure you have the following tools and products:
- Extension Remover Solution: Look for a specialized extension remover solution designed for tape-in extensions. It’s your secret weapon in breaking down that adhesive.
- Tail Comb: A trusty tail comb is your partner in separating your natural hair from the hair extensions during the removal process.
- Clips or Hair Ties: Keep your natural hair neatly divided into sections with clips or hair ties to avoid any tangles.
- Gloves: To protect your hands from any harsh chemicals in the extension remover solution by wearing gloves.
- Mirror: Whether it’s a full-length mirror or a handheld one, you’ll need it to ensure you’re working your magic from all angles.
Now that you’ve gathered your toolkit, let’s begin the removal process.
Remove tape in hair extensions
Step 1: Create your workspace
Find a well-lit, comfortable area to work in. Lay out all your tools neatly so you won’t have to scramble for anything during the process. Don’t forget to keep a clean towel or cloth handy for wiping away any excess solution.
Step 2: Section your hair
Divide and conquer! Split your hair into manageable sections using clips or hair ties. This helps you work more efficiently and prevents any unwanted tangling.
Step 3: Apply extension remover solution
It’s glove time! Protect your lovely hands and start by applying a small amount of the extension remover solution to the tape tabs. Be cautious not to get any solution on your natural hair. Let it sit for a few minutes to work its magic in weakening the adhesive.
Step 4: Gentle removal
Once the adhesive has softened, delicately use your tail comb or your fingers to lift the tape tabs away from your natural hair. Start from the roots and work your way down. Don’t rush here to avoid pulling or tugging and prevent any hair damage.
Step 5: Remove the residue
After successfully removing the extensions, you might notice some residue on your natural hair. Simply apply a tad more extension remover solution to the residue and, with your tail comb, gently comb it out. Remember, always be gentle to protect your hair.
Step 6: Pamper your hair
Now that your extensions and residue are history, it’s time for some self-care for your natural locks. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner to cleanse and nourish your hair thoroughly. This not only removes any lingering adhesive but also leaves your hair feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Tips for a smooth removal
To get the best result for the process, we recommend you follow our tips:
- Patience is key: Removing tape-in extensions takes time, so savor the process and protect your precious natural hair.
- Use the right products: Stick to extension remover solutions designed for tape-in extensions to ensure safe and effective removal. Alcohol-based tape removers are the most common choice. But you can also choose oil-based removers like coconut oil, olive oil or palm oil, or make use of your hair conditioner.
- The best way to remove tape in hair extensions may be the combination of these methods. That means applying oil to tape tab first, then showering the hair and applying conditioner directly to the tabs. And finally, use alcohol-based remover above the tape tab and gently peel it apart.
- Consider professional help: If you’re not confident about doing it yourself, don’t hesitate to consult a professional hairstylist for assistance.
- Schedule maintenance: If you plan to reuse your tape-in extensions, remember to have them cleaned and re-taped by a professional for future use.
- Love your hair: After extension removal, nourish your natural hair with a proper care routine to promote growth and maintain its gorgeous condition.
Removing tape-in hair extensions doesn’t have to be intimidating. Just learn our guide carefully and remove tape in hair extensions. You will find that the whole process is simple and enjoyable.
And if you are looking for high-quality tape-in hair extensions and tape removers, just visit our website Macsara now or WhatsApp at +84 98 698 0492 to get support!
Your next read: How to Remove Tape-in Hair Extensions Safely and Easily