Are you tired of choosing the most gorgeous haircut at the salon, only to be disappointed when it doesn’t suit your face? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many people make this mistake by opting for a hairstyle that doesn’t complement their unique face shape. Instead of blindly following trends, it’s crucial to consider what works best for you. With various face shapes like oval, square, round, heart, triangle, or diamond, selecting the right haircut can beautifully frame your features and minimize any flaws. Don’t panic! Macsara Hair is here to guide you in finding the haircut that will truly make a difference in your look.
Consider your face shape
Understanding the shape of your face is indeed essential when choosing a flattering hairstyle. By identifying your specific face shape, you can confidently seek inspiration from celebrities who share the same shape and effortlessly transform your hair without any doubts. And this is how to determine your face shape:
– Step 1: Start with a clean face and remove any hair accessories or styles that may obscure your face
– Step 2: Stand in front of a mirror and observe the overall shape of your face, paying attention to the length and width of your forehead, cheeks, and jawline.
– Step 3: Determine the widest part of your face by visually assessing or using a measuring tape.
– Step 4: Compare the measurements:
- Oval face: If you have an oval face, your face length is greater than the width of your cheekbones and your forehead is slightly wider than your jawline.
- Round face: The length and width of your face are nearly equal, and your cheekbones are the widest part of your face.
- Square face: Face length, cheekbone width, and jawline width are all similar.
- Heart face: Forehead is wider than the cheekbones and the cheekbones are wider than the jawline.
- Diamond face: Cheekbones are the widest part of your face and your forehead and jawline are narrower.
- Rectangle or Oblong face: Face length is significantly greater than the width of your cheekbones and jawline and your forehead is similar in width to your jawline.
How to choose the right hairstyles for your face shape?
Now that you’ve known what is the shape of your face, it’s time to figure out the best hairstyles for your face.
Haircuts for Rectangle Faces
With rectangular face, you should narrow the sharp jaw and forehead by a soft layered cut. This hairstyle can unveil your cheekbones while disguising the corners of the face without elongating your appearance. However, stay away from overly long hairstyles as this could make your face appear longer.
Haircuts for Oval Faces
Oval faces are considered to be the most versatile for hairstyles as it is well-proportioned. Whatever the hairstyle is, feel free to try it on. For those who prefer short and playful hairstyles, you should consider options of a bob or lob which will perfectly frame your face. If you prefer a long hair look, minimal layers with waves and keeping it loose down your face is always the best option.
Haircuts for Square Faces
Square-shaped faces feature wide, and the forehead, cheekbones, and jawlines. So, the best haircut should soften these features to get a flattering appearance. If you want to highlight your strong jawline, you can go for blunt bangs or a short bob. These styles will draw attention to your well-defined features and create a bold and confident look. Yet, consider some soft, side-part styles in order to soften the lines on your face.
Haircuts for Heart Faces
A wide forehead and cheekbones with a narrow jawline and chin are the features of the heart faces. And opting for a long side-swept cut will hide part of your forehead while accentuating the bottom of your face. A shoulder-length lob could be another stunning way to add wideness around your jawline.
Haircuts for Round Faces
Round faces are similar in width and length, with no prominent angles or corners, and rounded cheeks. So, the solution is to elongate your face with long layered cuts and choppy pixie cuts since they look fabulous on round face shapes.
Above are some recommendations of hairstyle for a particular hair shape that you may consider. Don’t forget that MACSARA always offers plenty of 8-inch weave hair extensions products with high quality and best services