Having been around for centuries, braids are a highly preferred choice as they are not only stylish but also protective. Whether you are going to have box braids, knotless braids, cornrows or any other braid styles, prepping your braiding hair, and in particular learning how to wash braiding hair, is essential for the best result. So if you have no idea why this is the case and how to do it the right way, let’s read this post thoroughly to find out the answers!
1. Should I wash braiding hair before use?
When it comes to braiding hair, you can use human hair or synthetic hair. Both options have their own set of pros and cons.
Synthetic braiding hair is normally made of Kanekalon fibers – a higher-quality type of synthetic fibers that mimic exactly the look, movement and feel of natural Kinky hair. However, synthetic hair can cause itchiness for wearers due to the Akaline coating, which makes the hair heat resistant and preserves the hair too. Therefore, the answer to the question “should you wash synthetic hair before braiding?” is Yes. It’s necessary to always wash synthetic braiding hair before use to prevent it from causing you itchiness.
Human hair is known to be utmost realistic and light, but it is very expensive and can unravel easily. Though human hair won’t cause itchiness like synthetic hair, you still need to wash human braiding hair before use to remove any residue during the manufacturing, storage and shipping process. Totally clean braiding hair will ensure the health of your scalp and hair after application.
See more: How To Braid Hair With Weave?
2. How to wash braiding hair before use
2.1. How to wash synthetic braiding hair
As we’ve mentioned above, synthetic braiding hair is normally coated with Akaline, which is the culprit of itchiness. However, you can easily remove the coating with an easy-to-find ingredient – apple cider vinegar. Here is the how-to:
- Gather your supplies: Braiding hair, apple cider vinegar, a measuring cup, a large bowl, towels.
- Prepare the mixture: In a bowl, mix hot or warm water and apple cider vinegar together, with the ratio of one part apple cider vinegar to three parts water. Prepare enough mixture so your hair can be soaked in completely.
- Let it soak: Take the hair out of the package and submerge it in the mixture without separating it. This mean you don’t remover the rubber band or brush your hair. Let it soak for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Dry the hair: After waiting time, you’ll see a white film on the surface of the water, which means the Akaline coating has been removed. Now, take your hair out of the mixture and rinse it thoroughly under running water. Then gently squeeze out excess water and let your hair dry with a towel.
In case you don’t have access to apple cider vinegar, you may be wondering “How to wash braiding hair without apple cider vinegar”. Well, you can totally replace it with distilled white vinegar, which is easier to find, right?
2.2. How to wash human braiding hair
With human braiding hair, you don’t need to use apple cider vinegar but just a gentle clarifying shampoo that you normally use for your own hair. Below is a simple guide:
- Gather your supplies: Sulfate-free shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, a T-shirt or microfiber towel
- Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water
- Add several pumps of shampoo to the water and mix gently until it lathers.
- Submerge the braiding hair in the water and gently swish it around without rubbing or tangling the hair for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse the hair under cold running water until you see no trace of shampoo bubbles.
- After rinsing, apply a small amount of conditioner to the hair, avoiding the roots.
- Let the conditioner sit for a few minutes, then rinse it out thoroughly.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and let your hair dry with a towel.
3. Macsarahair – where you can buy high-quality human bulk hair for braiding
If you choose human hair for braiding as you prioritize a natural look and feel, Macsarahair is where you can place your trust for your hair game. As one of the leading Vietnamese hair extensions suppliers. Over the past 15 years, we’ve been a reliable partner of thousands of wholesale hair vendors and salon owners around the world.
At Macsarahair, bulk hair extensions are best-selling products due to their versatility and cost-effectiveness. Made from 100% Remy human hair, our bulk hair extensions are the best for braiding hair. They are as soft, smooth and shiny as natural hair, so you’ll enjoy the utmost realistic look. Moreover, they come in various textures, colors and lengths to suit different needs.
As we have our own human hair factory of 50.000m2 and more than 1.000 skillful craftsmen and modern machines, we offer factory direct prices without middleman costs. Therefore, we are proud to be the go-to destination for wholesalers looking to maximize their profit. For more details and best deals, don’t hesitate to contact us at (+84) 37 9989 559.
Pre wash braiding hair is essential for you to have a comfortable feel and the best-looking result later on. We hope you’ll find this post helpful. Follow us for more useful tips on hair, hair extensions and hair care. See you in other posts!