Sew in weave is a popular choice among hair extensions wearers. This method allow you to change your look with stunning styling versatility. And just like other hair extensions methods, one of the key factors that contribute to the success of your sew in weave is the type of hair you choose. So, what is the best hair for sew in weave? Let’s take a closer look at best hair for sew in this post.
What is Sew In Weave?
Sew-in weave, also known as a weave extension, is a technique of adding hair extensions by sewing them into your natural hair. This method is different from clip-in extensions or tape-ins since it offers a more seamless and long-lasting result. Sew in weaves are ideal for those who want to add length, volume or color to their hair without damaging their natural locks.
The process of getting a sew-in weave typically involves braiding your natural hair into cornrows, and then sewing tracks of weft hair extensions onto these braids. The result is a secure and natural looking hairstyle that can last for several weeks.
You can use from human hair and synthetic hair for your sew-ins, but the best option for a natural look is human hair.
So now we have a basic understanding of sew-in weaves, let’s explore how to choose the best human hair for sew ins.
How to Choose the Best Hair for Sew In Weave?
The first and foremost thing for a seamless look with sew-in weaves is to select the good hair for sew in. Factors like your natural hair type, the hair origin and your desired style all play a role in this decision. Here are some key aspects to consider:
Based on Your Hair Type
It’s important to choose the hair that match your natural locks, so the hair extensions can blend perfectly into your hair. Therefore, it’s best to determine your hair type first before selecting types of hair for sew ins.
Do you have thin or thick hair?
If you have thin hair, opt for hair extensions that are not overly heavy they can cause stress on your natural hair. Lighter hair textures like Standard hair extensions with small and silky hair strands are good choices for those with thin hair.
If you have thick hair, you can handle a broader range of hair textures and origins. In this case, the best bundles for sew in is Luxury hair extensions. Featured with large round hair strands, these hair extensions blend seamlessly with your natural tresses.
Smooth or coarse hair?
For individuals with smooth and silky hair, it’s essential to choose best hair for sew in weave that match the texture of your natural hair to achieve a more cohesive look. European and Asian hair extensions may be a good fit.
If you have coarse hair, you can consider hair textures like Mongolian or Chinese hair, which can mimic the texture of your natural hair and create a harmonious blend.
The density of the hair extensions should align with your natural hair. If your natural hair is voluminous, choose hair extensions with similar thickness. If your hair is on the thinner side, opt for extensions that offer more volume.
Based on the Hair Origin
Hair extensions come from various regions around the world, each with its unique characteristics. Here’s a breakdown of some best human hair for sew in weave and their pros and cons:
Brazilian hair is a common type of hair for hair extensions in the market. Brazilian hair is medium to thick. Therefore, it best suits Caucasian women who have medium hair and those want to add more volume to their natural hair.
- Brazilian hair is known for its exceptional thickness and durability.
- It can hold curls well and is perfect for various styles.
- The natural shine of Brazilian hair is beautiful and can blend seamlessly with many hair types.
- Authentic Brazilian hair can be expensive.
- It may require more maintenance due to its thickness.
- Many fake Brazilian hair extensions in the market
Peruvian hair is more likely to be straight (the natural texture is from 1a to 2a) with thick hair strands. It is more damage-resistant and longer-lasting, but harder to shape the style.
- Peruvian hair is soft and comfortable to wear.
- It has a natural luster that enhances the overall look.
- Peruvian hair is often pricier than some other options
- Finding genuine Peruvian hair can be a bit challenging, as there are many counterfeit products in the market.
- Though you can style the hair in so many ways, it may not hold curls well like other types like Brazilian or Malaysian hair.
When it comes to best hair for sew in weave, Vietnamese hair is one of the top options. If you’re looking for high-quality hair with a silky texture that’s both durable and versatile. With its stunning features, Vietnamese hair has been more and more popular in the hair industry.
- Vietnamese hair is known for its natural thickness and strength.
- More durable for long-term use
- It has a smooth and silky texture, which can complement various hair types.
- Vietnamese hair is often available in a wide range of natural shades, suitable for those with specific hair colors.
- The hair is generally easy to style and manage.
- Authentic Vietnamese hair can be on the expensive side due to its high quality.
- It may require some maintenance to maintain its natural shine and texture.
Indian hair has long been popular in the hair market as the ethical hair from temple (often shortly known as “temple hair”). Indian hair has high density. That’s why it is more resilient to damage.
- Indian hair is widely available and comes in a variety of textures, from straight to curly.
- It blends well with most hair types and textures.
- Due to its popularity, Indian hair can be more expensive.
- It may require proper maintenance to keep it looking its best.
Virgin Malaysian hair is featured with soft and silky trends with great bounce and body. This type of hair is a great option for those who are looking for more volume and thickness.
- Malaysian hair is soft and smooth and easy to manage.
- It holds curls well and has a natural shine.
- This hair type is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- It can be relatively expensive.
- Malaysian hair is less abundant compared to some other types, which can affect availability.
Chinese hair is known for the sleekness and strength, therefore, being fairly easy to manage and style. However, Chinese hair come with too many variants and their technology for processing the hair can turn low-quality hair look fabulous. However, they will lose their look shortly after the silicone coating comes off. But overall, it can be the best remy hair for sew in if you opt for low-cost hair extensions.
- Chinese hair is generally thick and durable.
- It’s a good choice for those with coarse or straight hair as it has a similar texture.
- Chinese hair is readily available, making it a cost-effective option.
- The thickness of Chinese hair may not be suitable for those with fine or thin hair.
- It may require more styling to achieve the desired look due to its straight texture.
- There are too many low-quality Chinese hair extensions in the market
European hair is one of the best hair for sew in weave. The main feature of European hair is its softness, straight and fine hair strands. However, this type of hair does not come with large supply.
- European hair is fine, soft, and often comes in a variety of natural shades.
- It’s an excellent option for those with smooth and silky hair.
- It provides a natural, lightweight look.
- Authentic European hair is among the most expensive options.
- It may require more care and maintenance due to its fine texture.
Mongolian hair is quite similar to European hair in quality and diameter. This type of hair is a cross between Chinese and Malaysian hair. It’s thinner than and not as coarse as Chinese hair, but not as soft as Malaysian hair.
- Mongolian hair is known for its natural luster and softness.
- It’s versatile and can be styled in various ways.
- Authentic Mongolian hair can be expensive and harder to find.
- It may not blend as well with very straight hair types.
In conclusion, choosing the best hair for sew in weave involves considering your hair type, and different type of human hair for sew-ins. By understanding the pros and cons of different hair origins can help you make an informed decision based on your specific needs and preferences. Don’t forget to take into account your budget before choosing a type of weft hair for your hair game.
And if you are searching for high-quality Vietnamese hair for your own seamless sew-ins or for your clients, Macsarahair is the perfect destination. With a wide range of weft hair extensions coming in different thickness, lengths, colors and textures, Macsarahair will cater to all your hair need. WhatsApp us now at +84379989559 to get the best deals on hair extensions!
See more: How To Sew In Weave Hair?